InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix

Reply to topic
Previous topic :: Next topic
Level 14
Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Level: 77
Posted: 2007-10-29, 14:47   

No, no... PM me with what word you've got from convertion, then I'll try to help.. Not a discussion for public ;p

Strati 
Tension...

Posted: 2007-11-24, 21:06   

Hint Circle - 84°
Reunite the staircase, climb the staircase, walk in the dark,
reunite the key and the door, exit.

ants112 
Where am I...?

Level: 13
Posted: 2007-12-12, 19:38   HELP!!!

I still cant get it i'm at the three dots and i dont understand what you're talking about

arecek 
Warped mind...

Level: 44
Posted: 2007-12-12, 19:52   

I hope you see smthk on this pic . Now you must just find smthk to decode by this key :>

kostucha 
Hear nothing...

Level: 14
Posted: 2008-01-26, 21:08   

Belive me or not.... Is tuck on first pickture with no ideas...
Well na not at all... any my ideas was bad ;)
Some more help? ;]
I want to die!;p

pepez 
Warped mind...

Level: 61
Posted: 2008-01-27, 15:10   

Go forward, together...
like Strati said, reunite the staircase..
look in the mirror, and see what doesn't reflect

kostucha 
Hear nothing...

Posted: 2008-01-27, 19:37   

ok i'm in second part... between the lines ;)

Jazzie 
Float up from a dream...

Posted: 2008-02-02, 21:56   

I feel very silly, as I must be missing something rather obvious... :/
stuck on the BTW the lines part...

I see that they are lines from the KB (although not always straight across? the 5th line confuses me the most..)

I believe I understand the 'between the lines' part.
so for where I'm looking at.. from earlier hints... how do I look at it like it were a staircase?

Aneyah 
Fear of the dark...

Posted: 2008-02-03, 03:13   

Look at the picture and see the light...

];[

Jazzie 
Float up from a dream...

Posted: 2008-02-14, 03:02   

I'm sorry...
that still doesn't help at all...

Tynka 
Angel of Light

Posted: 2008-02-14, 09:11   

read your own post above and answer the question you posted ;)

chortle 
Fear of the dark...

Level: 34
Posted: 2008-03-03, 20:46   

Stuck here. I have 14... and have the key. Tried decoding EVERYTHING on this level. Cannot get to 14.... - tried to PM and that seems to be inoperable.

EDIT

Nevermind. Power of post . . . now looking at 15 . . . .
Dracula's Riddle - 56

VisD
Alive...

Level: 75
Posted: 2008-04-05, 18:06   

I must be missing something here, stuck at 14. (one dot.) All I see are intricate little doodles, of which some appear on both sides, but what then?

chortle 
Fear of the dark...

Level: 34
Posted: 2008-04-05, 18:22   

VisD,

PMed you.
Dracula's Riddle - 56

VisD
Alive...

Posted: 2008-04-08, 10:21   

Gah. More help here please? I've been trying to _ _ _ _ _ the two sides of the squiggles forever but nothing seems to work. Something else?

E: Removed potential spoiler

Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Posted: 2008-04-08, 19:23   

It has to work!

VisD
Alive...

Posted: 2008-04-09, 17:57   

Yeah, okay, finally got it - was overcomplicating the _ _ _ _ _ing, there was a much simpler way to do it than what I was doing. Thanks to those who helped. :)

sonori 
Where am I...?

Level: 22
Posted: 2008-04-17, 15:00   

Damn... Spend few hours over that riddle, and still cannot solve it. I found the TP, the numbers in the source and inscription on the key and ... still cannot figure it out. I suppose that i need to connect these two clues, but how? Every time i try, the result is complete gibberish.

pennylane 
Follow the leader...

Level: 63
Posted: 2008-04-17, 15:13   

You should be glad :P Only few hours, and got TP already ;)

So many clues scattered around this level... Are you sure you got and used everything? :roll:

[ Added: 2008-04-17, 22:17 ]
Oh, you need to connect almost everything... Look at HS, figure out how. Just compare.

sonori 
Where am I...?

Level: 22
Posted: 2008-04-19, 00:16   

Solved. Thanks pennylane.

theoperator 
Where am I...?

Posted: 2008-05-06, 17:33   

Ok.... I am having a ruff time here. I have the key... and I try to do what it says and i get this mumbled up word...which should lead me to the TP... problem is, every time I try the mumbled word or something close to it, I get nothing... is it possible to PM someone what I am doing so they might lead me in the right direction?

Tynka 
Angel of Light

Posted: 2008-05-06, 20:20   

theoperator wrote:
is it possible to PM someone what I am doing so they might lead me in the right direction?

sure ;)

paFci0 
Uneternal sleep...

Posted: 2008-05-06, 20:28   

Sure. Feel free to PM people. I bet everyone will help you if you only ask kindly ;) Even me.

I don't get what is "mumbled word" for you.
Try easiest things. If you have seen TP already, I can tell you a secret: it's somehow an instruction to get answer. But shhh, don't say others!

SnowMen 
Warped mind...

Level: 65
Posted: 2008-06-11, 23:24   

I'm on 2nd part between the lines and totally stuck here... Maybe someone will send me PM? Because I even don't know where to start

EDIT: Ok, solved this part :D

rwp80 
In hiding...

Level: 40
Posted: 2008-07-19, 17:19   

Hello all,
I've played through to level 14.... (four dots) and read this entire thread about 12 times.

I've tried to censor this part to avoid giving spoilers:
I already got the ".xxx" clue, but I don't know how to use it.
I went to the T*** P*** page and only got "ThE***", and the number <! x x x x>; Again I don't know how to use them either.

I am totally stuck for ideas now. I have tried combining everything and I'm still lost.
Can someone please help me? (here in thread or in PM) Thanks.
I can't go any further without some more insight.

Oh, and thank you for making this riddle! It's great, except for the really hard parts, like this level! :evil:

Tynka 
Angel of Light

Posted: 2008-07-19, 17:36   

check the whole level carefully... use the key in the right place ;)

rwp80 wrote:
Oh, and thank you for making this riddle! It's great, except for the really hard parts, like this level! :evil:

hard levels are still before you... :twisted:

rwp80 
In hiding...

Posted: 2008-07-20, 16:55   

First of all, thanks for the advice so far. Unfortunately, it has not been any help at all.

I'm making a fresh post since I have made some progress since my last post.
This is what I have so far. I will try to censor it to avoid spoils.

e***
r***h***
x***y***.x*** (I still dont have any idea where or how to use this. Unless the second 'x' is supposed to be exactly the same as the first 'x', then mathematically this clue is wrong, misleading, or just a useless red herring)
r***w***
T*** P***
ThE***
<! * * * *> (four numerical digits; the "map" I assume)

I have tried every combination of the map on the key inscription, ---, and every other bit of text. I have tried "reuniting" the key inscription with ---, with no results.
Obviously, this is not the solution.

I noticed that the key ---.
I have done every possible combination ---, again, with no results.
Obviously, this is also not the solution.

The only semi-legible phrase that I have found is 'Pie*****', but that hasn't worked anywhere either.

I understand that this riddle has been checked over and over, but at this point I'll bet that it hasn't been 'checked' by anyone who isn't part of the development team, as clearly the last step of this level requires me to do something that isn't suggested anywhere in the level text, source code, images, or anything. Levels 1 to 13 are fine, although I did have to look at this forum quite regularly, which is not a problem.

However, level 14 has a step that seems to be so obscure that, in my opinion, is not logical or suggested at all, which means it isn't designed properly. Earlier, Uncle Drak in this thread said that "the last step is gay". I have to agree.

I appreciate this game and the advice people have given on this level, but seriously, none of the advice has actually helped.
I know I need to use the map somewhere.
I know the key needs to be united with the door (obviously, keys dont open doors from far away! :roll: ).

But can someone please give a straight answer to me in PM or, preferably, here in the thread so that newer players dont go through the analytical hell I have endured over the last three days. Here's three days: :| :x :| :cry: :(

I don't want to give up, as I love this great riddle.
Much appreciated, thanks.

[edit]

By 'answer', I meant like a 'clear, direct hint'. I wouldn't play at all if people were just giving me the final answers!

I was not accusing anyone of anything game-design flaws. I know that I am not part of the 'first wave' of people to play this, and therefore many people have solved the puzzle without help or inside knowledge. Over the many misspent years of game-playing, I have seen too many good games ruined by having steps or parts 'missing' to solve the problem.
I'm now glad to see that Inward Hellix isn't one of those (I can only speak up to level 15, of course). I was getting paranoid that the game was flawed, but my faith has been restored. :P

Thanks again.

pennylane 
Follow the leader...

Level: 63
Posted: 2008-07-20, 17:38   

rwp80,

Don't be frustrated for 3 days stuck... I've been spending at least one week per level lately :P ... Some took me about one month...
Level 14 may become a pain, 'cause it's huge... It's awesome, though, and it's not the hardest, believe me.
You got TP, right? And also numbers, I guess... Have you found the connection among "ThE ***", numbers and the key? If you did, just use it in the right place. Where keys are commonly used, where you haven't used anything yet (you're still locked, remember? ;) )
Don't give up, the game is great. And feel free to PM people for hints. Spoiled riddles are bad :P

Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Posted: 2008-07-20, 17:56   

Quote:
I understand that this riddle has been checked over and over, but at this point I'll bet that it hasn't been 'checked' by anyone who isn't part of the development team

Don't be afraid, masses of people solved this level before. There's one single detail, which is not as obvious as it should be but this is at the very end of the riddle, where everyone know what the answer is in fact. It's almost sure that there are no mistakes from the riddlemaker in IH. It's checked by me and 12 people who made it through the game and helped me to eliminate every fault.

Quote:
Earlier, Uncle Drak in this thread said that "the last step is gay". I have to agree.

Since Drak had told this, the level has been upgraded many times and it's not as gay as it had been before ;)

Quote:
can someone please give a straight answer to me in PM or, preferably, here in the thread

Forget about this. Neither now, in 14, nor any later. Only hints, even spoilers [only on PM] but never the answers. ;)

My hint: check the relation between the key and TP. Make this term longer, count and use and count.

rwp80 
In hiding...

Posted: 2008-07-20, 18:03   

Thanks for the advice. You've helped me pinpoint what I need to do, but I'm still stuck.

pennylane wrote:
Have you found the connection among "ThE ***", numbers and the key? If you did, just use it in the right place. Where keys are commonly used, where you haven't used anything yet (you're still locked, remember? ;) )

Yes, I found the connection between the numbers, ThE***, and the key.
I'm assuming the 4 numbers is the thing people are calling "the map". Unfortunately, I have already used the map on the text "where keys are commonly used" in many different ways, and the results just seemed to be nonsense random letters. I could post or PM the results of this exercise, but it would just look like a two-year-old or a cat had just bashed the keyboard! :P

[edit]

Finally, I solved it! :shock: :mrgreen:

I just want to say a big thanks to Tynka, Beezqp, and pennylane for all their help in thread and PM. ;)

Here's my say for newer players that jump into this bear-trap of a level:

1. Be patient. I spent three days on this, and I'm told that the worst is yet to come. This is the last level in Chapter I, which I'm guessing is why it's so tough! Chapter II's different style looks amazing and is definately worth the wait/work! :)

2. Have some graphics software at the ready. No... better than windows paint! You will need something like GIMP (as recommended in the game description) or Paint.NET (the one I used), both are free. You won't need to do anything very advanced. You might even be able to get by without any graphics software on this level, but it helps. A lot.

3. Once you've got "TP" and the numerical code, they are not "the map". They help you find it.
To save you the irritating hours I lost, I will say that at no point does the 4-digit numerical sequence ever repeat. If you're getting long strings of nonsense letters, then you are doing totally the wrong thing, and so doing it slightly differently will be a big waste of your time.
Just spot the relation between "TP" and the code, then use that relation to understand the key, then obviously use the key to understand the door. I hope that doesn't spoil it too much. :P

Good luck to the newer players, and thanks again to the older players!

Reply to topic