InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix

Reply to topic
Previous topic :: Next topic
Adventure games
Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Level: 77
Posted: 2010-09-09, 21:50   Adventure games

Title is just to make the thread lasting for longer.

Now I'd just like to recommend Machinarium, probably the best adventure game I ever played. For you who like riddles this title is MUST-PLAY. I loved every single minute of the game, simply amazing.

paFci0 
Uneternal sleep...

Posted: 2010-09-09, 22:01   

Number one and forever: Neverhood. I hope it doesn't require an explanation?

Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Posted: 2010-09-09, 22:31   

paFci0 wrote:
Number one and forever: Neverhood. I hope it doesn't require an explanation?

Have you played Machinarium? It's very similar in a way and - in my opinion - it beats Neverhood. I know this sounds like blasphemy but I mean it - I am Neverhood fan, too [and I finished this game like ten times, last time about 2-3 months ago so I have clear confrontation].

paFci0 
Uneternal sleep...

Posted: 2010-09-09, 22:36   

Nope, I haven't played Machinarium... yet. (It's being downloaded)
As I've seen on the homepage of Machinarium - creators are the same people who created Samorost 1&2 which I pretty much liked. That information pleased me :)

After finishing Neverhood about 10 times also, I still haven't found out what's the dead-end-for-that-funny-vechicle in empty lake for. Have you?

Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Posted: 2010-09-09, 23:27   

I don't exactly get what you mean so I guess me neither :|

Muzozavr 
Blood pressure...

Level: 76
Posted: 2010-09-10, 10:24   

I know I havent played Neverhood/Machinarium, so this might change, but out of all adventure games I've played, Death Gate and Shannara > all.

Making my own riddle. Progress: 17/60 (no pictures yet)

Marven 
Warped mind...

Level: 74
Posted: 2010-09-10, 23:58   

I've played many great adventure games... at least for me. And one of the best was Keepsake - with its main characters, climate and incredibly interesting (and hard) puzzles. But it's hard to choose the best one as they are very often completely different (like Neverhood and Black Mirror)...

paFci0 
Uneternal sleep...

Posted: 2010-10-14, 18:10   

Ok, so It's been a while since I've finished the Machinarium, and what can I say...

The graphic is loveable, so is the soundtrack and the puzzles.
Besides... the last one (music) is piece of crap. It was the only place I was forced to use the in-game solution. Being unable to go back and check room with certain music code... Someone screwed during programming I suppose.

The storyline and the ending screen are quite disappointing...

Playing it after a week-long break made me turn it off. I was totally fed up with this game. What never happened with Neverhood.

So, overall. It IS a great game, it HAS some annoying features, and it is NOT better than Neverhood ;)

vard 
Alive...

Level: 59
Posted: 2010-10-14, 22:29   

I absolutely loved Machinarium - especially the graphics and music. some puzzles were annoying, though. And Neverhood is a classic, plus I love stop-motion animations... and I'll never forget the looong corridor with a text on the wall - I was pretty sure the text is vital for the game and read it all when I played for the first time... truly unforgettable experience (and the hole that killed you - I loved the idea :) ).

Recently I played Sam and Max, season 1. It's fun, but not what it used to be - first of all, it's way too easy. and it's a bit upsetting that when you buy a game now, you get the solution in a form of a nice booklet attached to it... huh.

EDIT: http://www.kongregate.com...es/little-wheel - speaking of Machinarium and (slightly) Machinarium-like things... check out this one. pretty simple, but I love the way it's made.
'Some of us know secrets that would make your hair stand straight up on end and your eyes pop out of their sockets. (...) We know how to make your nails drop off and teeth grow out of your fingers instead.'
R. Dahl, 'George's Marvellous Medicine'

Reply to topic