Reply to topic
Previous topic :: Next topic
"My browser doesn't display things" thread
Raidmaster 
Master of Darkness

Level: 61
Posted: 2012-11-21, 18:16   "My browser doesn't display things" thread

Hi everyone.

As you all know after a period of nonexistence hell came back to life.
During the process of migrating to the new server I have discovered several recurring html encoding issues regarding most of the riddle/hint pages. Most common ones are: duplicate/not-closed/obsolete tags and incorrect comment section usage. We also encountered an issue with quicktime plugin used to play the mp3 sound bugging out.
Those may lead to improper behavior when browser tries to render the page.

Inwardhellix was designed a while ago, and we weren't on top of our webmastering skills back then.

It is important to emphasise that these problems rarely cause issues (browsers have ways to deal with them) so it shouldn't affect your play.

We are working on fixing bugs and validating the code so it meets the w3c standards.
Part of the process is adding some minimal css and replacing mp3 files with swf, making it compatible with almost anything (you can actually play inwardhellix on your smartphone!) and narrowing down the game requirements.

Unfortunately due to some reasons (code being part of some riddles, unclosed tags) its quite impossible to automatize this process. I've only recently realised how many files inwardhellix consists of, so it will take us quite a long time to fix even the most important parts (Beezqp is trurly a hard worker when it comes to misleading/hidden hint pages).

Hovewer, if you encounter any issues that may be holding you back, feel free to inform us in this topic.

Thank you!

Muzozavr 
Blood pressure...

Level: 76
Posted: 2012-11-27, 19:07   

If you're working on making the pages W3C valid... you may as well go the extra mile and fix the "chapter intermission" pages.

I mean, it's weird to see all tutorial perfectly coded, the first few levels perfectly coded, but the "Prologue" and "Chapter 1: Green Light" screens still have all the "no doctype, extra tags, etc" quirks.

This is not all that important, but I thought you may have missed it.

And I have to say that whatever happened to my Quicktime plugin, it can't autostart properly anymore, so this

Quote:
replacing mp3 files with swf

is really exciting.

Making my own riddle. Progress: 17/60 (no pictures yet)

Raidmaster 
Master of Darkness

Level: 61
Posted: 2012-11-28, 15:05   

The few first levels and tutorial is coded right because it was changed a few days ago (I wanted to make sure everything will be fine for newcomers). We intend to fix everything, including intermission levels etc., just give us some time. Thanks for the feedback, though.

ConnerTheFourth 
Where am I...?

Level: 2
Posted: 2020-05-15, 01:33   

Hello. I have never joined a forum before, so i dont know if this is the right area to ask this. My apologies.

Im currently stuck on level 2, and ill explain my problem without spoilers.

I have found exactly what to do and why, but when i do that, it does not work. It takes me back to level 2. Is this an issue? I cannot progress to level 3 and I believe i solved level 2.

Also, I dont even know if anyone is still active...

Best wishes! :mrgreen:

lla26 
Warped mind...

Level: 77
Posted: 2020-05-16, 09:16   

ConnerTheFourth wrote:
Hello. I have never joined a forum before, so i dont know if this is the right area to ask this. My apologies.

Im currently stuck on level 2, and ill explain my problem without spoilers.

I have found exactly what to do and why, but when i do that, it does not work. It takes me back to level 2. Is this an issue? I cannot progress to level 3 and I believe i solved level 2.

Also, I dont even know if anyone is still active...

Best wishes! :mrgreen:
There’s a thread related to level 2: http://www.inwardhellix.c...wtopic.php?t=19

Anyway, for level 2, you have to find the right one.
Riddle progress

Reply to topic