InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix

Reply to topic
Previous topic :: Next topic
The worst stage in hell
Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Level: 77
Posted: 2007-11-30, 09:45   The worst stage in hell

I wonder which level is the most hated in your journey into the deepest crannies of hell. Simple - which one and why?

[and no, it's not a provocation ;p]

paFci0 
Uneternal sleep...

Posted: 2007-11-30, 16:48   

Let me get free before I answer this question. Because at this point, only 7 people can answer well. And say the truth. Those, who haven't seen all of levels, cannot say whether they already solved/are solving now the worst one, or the worst will still arrive.

Just let me get free...

Marven 
Warped mind...

Level: 74
Posted: 2007-11-30, 17:11   

Well... I had a very hard choice between 24, 37 and 56, but I've chosen 24. Why? <! it should be obvious, but...>

-I don't like that type of levels
-Almost all hints were reminding me one previous level and I couldn't find any other meaning of them
-It's annoying to look at such a picture :P

Tynka 
Angel of Light

Posted: 2007-11-30, 17:45   

IH is on my private "Favourite Riddles" list and it's hard for me to point any level as really hated one...

but ok :P if you really want to know, i try... ;)
so, the winner is... the old 12 :P /cheers Strati... you're crazy :lol: /

i also have not_too_good memories about:
#24 - i had huge problem with the right name /even understanding what the_important_thing_from_this_level means.../
#25 - hard to see and read what you need to see and read, i finally guessed the last two... :P
#31 - i don't love google levels
#43 - i think everyone understand why :D /nice level after all... but THIS step was :evil: /
#49 - nice idea, but findings from net don't fit in two cases :( /so it was partly guessing game.../
#53 - before it was changed a bit ;) now this level is ok
#56 - because i was stuck too long :D /without your hint about gibberish it might have been my Waterloo_level in IH.../

enough :D "Favourite Levels" list would be much more longer ;)

DaWorm 
Warped mind...

Posted: 2007-11-30, 21:32   

This is easy for me to answer, as there were only three levels that I did not like or that brought me heartache (there were MANY that provided extreme challenge, but they did not push me over the edge like these levels did):

- 43: Beezqp, you must have a twisted personality to have come up with this level. ;) This level was very emotionally difficult and having to do that one step over and over again until I could come up with the answer was torture.

- 59: The last step on this level had a completely OBSCURE reference that I honestly would never have found without hints. I ended up spending much time becoming an expert on a subject that was completely irrelevant and would have been stuck there forever I think. This particular reference I think was much easier for you folks on the other side of the Atlantic, due to its nature.

- 60: The first and fourth steps on this level really almost caused me to give up, and so close to the end! As you can imagine that was thouroughly frustrating, being so close. There are certain types of thinking (rational, inductive, logical, spatial, etc.) and for some reason, the type of thinking necessary for the first and fourth parts of this level really set my brain on fire...I just had such a difficult and unpleasant time trying to force my brain to work the way it needed to. I know there are other levels that other people had difficult times with, and that I manged to get through rather easily...different brains, different results.

I agree with Tynka, we should discuss favorite levels next...my list is MUCH longer there.

"We are the music-makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams..." ~Arthur O'Shaughnessy

davenger 
In hiding...

Level: 61
Posted: 2007-12-01, 11:55   

Here is my "personal list":
#31 - even after googling it was more like a guessing game
#43 - no comments - :evil:
#49 - it's great that Latin is dead :)
#50 - nice beginning but the last step is rather weird...

paFci0 
Uneternal sleep...

Posted: 2007-12-28, 20:53   

#19 - arrows are weird.
#41 - weirdly weird.
#44 - V isn't nice letter.
#49 - Latin... ¬__¬
#53 - n/c

I think it's all. These lvls stopped my brain. Didn't even stopped me for longer time than others did, but my brain said "enough".

Strati 
Tension...

Posted: 2007-12-29, 18:16   

Forgot this topic :mrgreen:

Well... I can't list them now... but I'd prefer to forget them than remember ;)

legobenj 
Faster...

Level: 53
Posted: 2008-04-22, 08:45   

I haven't finished the game of course, but my least favorite level is 14.... because it was the hardest for me. It's really simple once you know, but it took me forever for me to figure it out. I was stuck on it for months :( lol

Falcarius 
Follow the leader...

Posted: 2008-07-21, 09:49   

So far, 36. First a Windows-only download and code, then an extremely hard to open file. (Sorry if these are too spoily). Some of us don't have very advanced programs...

The gateway still says that the circle has been closed, so where am I now? The square?

Current progress
Main levels: solved 1~76
Bonus levels: solved BTHL, 5007, T and -
Old levels: solved 1~30

pennylane 
Follow the leader...

Level: 63
Posted: 2008-08-11, 16:21   

Hmmm... 21, 24, 31... The reason is probably obvious... They are easy indeed, but riddles...The harder the better ;)

Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Posted: 2008-12-19, 19:56   

I don't like 33. very.

legobenj 
Faster...

Level: 53
Posted: 2008-12-20, 05:22   

31 kinda sucks.

atagorn
Hear nothing...

Level: 25
Posted: 2010-01-09, 23:59   

i think it was 22 with the brackets it was really hard to google search it...

ice_prodigy 
In hiding...

Level: 27
Posted: 2010-01-10, 12:55   

14 was very long and hard to get the idea.
passing 20 was a total luck.
22 the --- but nearly imposible to find it.
25 imposible to read the letters

what did i wrote and you spoiled Tynka?

VisD
Alive...

Level: 75
Posted: 2010-01-29, 19:16   

So far the worst is probably 31. There is absolutely no clue as to what one is looking for really and there are more than a few phenomenons regarding the two ingredients in the level...I mean, normal Google levels (21, 23, 24, 26) aren't that great by themselves, but 31 was really unclued...most of the rest of the 30s (especially 34, 38 and 39) more than made up for it though, so it's all good :D

please please please remake 31 beezqp

GyRIdashai 
Alive...

Level: 71
Posted: 2010-01-30, 08:41   

I disagree, VisD. Didnt i tell you about it already through the phone :/ You just wasnt googling the right combination of key words! As I've tried to prove before your vocal cords went spastic :P Right combo = the exact answer you need on the first two search results on google.

Picture hint was obvious, egg page made it even more so. personally it was the best/easiest level yet. :happy:

VisD
Alive...

Level: 75
Posted: 2010-01-30, 21:11   

GyRIdashai wrote:

Picture hint was obvious,:

yes

GyRIdashai wrote:

egg page made it even more so.

no

GyRIdashai wrote:

the exact answer you need on the first two search results on google.

yes but there's nothing to differentiate it from other 'wrong' answers - if you go look up the answer in particular, you'll find that it is actually a category of more specific phenomenon. what makes it more correct over another phenomenon? there needs to be a sense of 'ah, this must be it'.

GyRIdashai 
Alive...

Level: 71
Posted: 2010-01-31, 08:00   

Dunno. Egg page helps. :lol:

"yes but there's nothing to differentiate it from other 'wrong' answers - if you go look up the answer in particular, you'll find that it is actually a category of more specific phenomenon. what makes it more correct over another phenomenon? there needs to be a sense of 'ah, this must be it'."

True. Guess you gotta be lucky ;)

Tynka 
Angel of Light

Posted: 2010-01-31, 08:12   

GyRIdashai wrote:
Guess you gotta be lucky ;)

that's why i don't like google levels...
riddle shouldn't be a guessing game :P

Muzozavr 
Blood pressure...

Level: 76
Posted: 2015-01-31, 00:10   

The list of what really sticks to my mind as frustrating or problematic is actually very short. Not listing bonus levels here, especially since I haven't solved T or found - yet.

Personal frustrations:

25 -- was almost impossible to read the answer, would list this as a real problem, but Beezqp sent me a PM about a much more "readable" way that actually works... so this is just my lack of GIMP skills at the time.

41, 44 -- felt terribly underclued. Other levels could be very troubling, sometimes breaking me and making me take a break (pun intended), but 41 (all of it, except for the final HS) and 44 (the visual aspect, applying the idea properly) made me feel like I was grasping on thin air. The eventual concepts did mostly make sense, so this is probably just me. I'm still not sure how I fudged the visual part of 44 to work, though.

60A -- the whole 60 is now one of my favorite levels, but somehow a few more clues in A would be nice... though I have to admit I completely MISSED one of the main clues the first time due to being blind as a bat and even then I kept overthinking and doing stupid things. It might just be me.

Genuine problems:

22 -- incredibly underclued. I know the connection and the brackets are supposed to help, but the clue is so convoluted and tangential that it barely helped at all. No way I would've ever solved this without a happy accident.

56 -- everything before the last step makes for some of my favorite moments in the whole game ever, almost landing this level on my favorites list... but the "-1" clue is the one and only thing that I'll ever call "atrocious" while talking about IH. First of all, the exclamation marks that give such potential for overthinking seem to be completely useless... but what's much worse is that the clue instructs you to do a certain action, but (as far as I know) gives you absolutely no information about the timing. If you apply the clue too early, there's a certain extremely logical place for this action, but it doesn't actually work properly. This ensures that your final result will not have an answer in it -- and because everything fits so perfectly and is so logical up to this point, you might never even realize that something went wrong along the way.

Nothing else sticks out as super-frustrating or otherwise unfair. The journey was long and difficult, but I loved it.

Making my own riddle. Progress: 17/60 (no pictures yet)

Falcarius 
Follow the leader...

Posted: 2015-02-09, 01:52   

Muzozavr wrote:
22 -- incredibly underclued. I know the connection and the brackets are supposed to help, but the clue is so convoluted and tangential that it barely helped at all. No way I would've ever solved this without a happy accident.

This. There are other underclued levels, like you said, but if you don't already know about the method for this one, you'd never find it with the clues given.

The gateway still says that the circle has been closed, so where am I now? The square?

Current progress
Main levels: solved 1~76
Bonus levels: solved BTHL, 5007, T and -
Old levels: solved 1~30

lla26 
Warped mind...

Posted: 2017-10-01, 16:04   

Ugh - 24. For me, unlike levels like 21 and 23, it seems to be a pure guessing game. Fortunately, there’s a HS for it. If it wasn’t for it, I would have been lost even more.

I thought I didn’t really like 23 at first, but when I did the level properly, this one became quite tolerable, although it is still one of the worse ones IMO.
Riddle progress

oriOta
Float up from a dream...

Posted: 2017-10-17, 19:40   

With the first 60 done I think I might as well post the levels I hated.
Alright, where do I begin...

22 - Alright. This is the first time I play with realities - way before I even learn what a reality even is. The level just felt super underclued and the connections were pretty farfetched...

31 - *shaking violently* Trapped in here for one week with almost no clues. Had to do yet another farfetched connection and even Google it like the old days. Of course, I no longer hate this level after finally figuring out what to do.

43 - Chrome broke sound files so yeah. It was a pretty neat way to stop crying, actually; just pretty sneaky for a beginning. Also, I wanted to call it a bit overclued as well.

54 - I really don't mind this level at all. Fun. But really labor-intensive. There were way too many possibilities to extract data - until I KISSed it. The insanities, however...

56 - A week here as well. I did nearly all of the riddle in like one day. The last step however is overclued as hell. Overthought it way too much than I need to and solved it like a week after :v

working on: old 4 / BTHL
solved: 1-76 / old 1-3
I can bring you assistance...

Reply to topic