InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix InwardHellix

Reply to topic
Previous topic :: Next topic
Scary movies
Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Level: 77
Posted: 2008-05-28, 23:59   Scary movies

...which of them you love, which disappointed you. Not just new stuff, even those produced years ago...

My favs which now I remember:

The Sixth Sense - classic. Curious plot and ending's killing everyone and everything. The film you watch for once and are sure it's one of your favourites. Must-see!

The Others - same as above. Very sophisticated and subtle + great acting.

Cube - the first one, sequel and prequel were something like dead worm found in your best lunch. I love the idea behind the film and I'm happy it was carried out so perfectly.

Blair Witch - maybe it wasn't so scary but so realistic... The whole story they created is legendary - maybe because I was Blair Witch freak and spent about half of my life in forests.

pennylane 
Follow the leader...

Level: 63
Posted: 2008-06-05, 11:01   

Ok. I agree with the 1st two, disagree with the 3rd, and haven't seen the 4th...

I'd add The Grudge and Shutter. I'm not so easily scared, though...

But when I was a child, and you weren't born yet,I remember that for sometime (weeks or months... it's been a long time...) I'd been afraid of sleeping, terrified with the thought that Freddy Krueger would catch me in my dreams :P
Now I laugh at it. Really trash.

Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Posted: 2008-06-06, 22:41   

Oh, I forgot about Saw. I watched only the first one and it was so cool. Maybe not brilliant one [it could be a great psychological dramma, but wasn't too deep... and memories of main characters was carried out in at least vague way] but the plot was really cool.

legobenj 
Faster...

Level: 53
Posted: 2008-06-10, 08:23   

What about the Silent Hill film? Haven't heard much about.
I Am Legend is pretty awesome. So much... hidden themes. lol

The Dann 
Float up from a dream...

Level: 60
Posted: 2008-06-24, 09:10   

I like the first "Hellraiser" movie...
Hellraiser is not very much scary really... but the first one is so philosophical about heaven, hell and pleasure that disturbs me deeply when I think about it...

I do not love sacry movies, but I like suspense and mystery movies such as "Zodiac" and "The Omen".

Ah!! And the "Critters" series, because we all love at least one stupid pseudo-scary 80ish movie, eh? Hehehehe... :mrgreen:

Mai 
Fear of the dark...

Level: 16
Posted: 2009-01-01, 22:34   

I was very scared when I had been watching 'Silent Hill' :mrgreen: and thats why I liked it so much.

The Da Vinci Code - fantastic for me :P

Oh, I almost forgot about 'Requiem for a dream'. There are no words to describe this film. It's amazing.

Sorry for my english ;d

Beezqp 
Master of Darkness

Posted: 2009-01-01, 22:38   

For me - Silent Hill the movie was rather like interesting experience than something... scary. In fact, I can not remember any movie that was scary for me [at least - since i've finished 15 years]. Playing some computer games I'm totally pissed off but watching movies - rarely. Maybe that's because I'm not so interested in movies and don't know good horrors.

Strati 
Tension...

Posted: 2009-01-04, 00:02   

I guess I'll double on Beezqp response. I remember I was scared by a movie with spiders when I was around 7, but can't remember any other one.

Btw, when did Da Vinci code become a scary movie?

Stray 
Fear of the dark...

Level: 49
Posted: 2010-09-03, 11:58   

OMFg, I ADORE the first cube movie, that film was pure awesome, although I do have to say, Hypercube severely let me down, the ending was such a disappointment! Cube zero was marginally better from what I can remember.

Um, scary movies? I enjoyed watching The Eye, but it's the one that's in Cantonese as opposed to the US version released starring Jessica Alba, I thought that was a very bad remake, can't believed I paid money to see it, although Jessica Alba is nice to look at!?

Dark Water is a good psychological horror, but it's in Japanese so that depends on whether you like watching foreign language films with subtitles or not.

Dumplings is a good film to watch, if only for the squick factor involved, not really a traditional horror per se, but more off a gross out film, if that makes sense?

edit: Hellraiser traumatised me SO MUCH when I was a child, I seriously thought that Pinhead was gonna come and get me from the attic, left me scarred 0_0

Muzozavr 
Blood pressure...

Level: 76
Posted: 2010-09-03, 12:48   

So far I've only seen two, Ringu (not very scary but totally awesome) and A Tale Of Two Sisters (OMFG that was scary as hell... and brilliant)

If anime counts, I've seen Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni... season 2 not very scary because it's more based on plot than on horror. But season 1? Not gonna lie, that scared the crap out of me.

I'm reading the original VNs for Higurashi (since they were translated into English) and must say the anime adaptation actually kinda sucks... though I haven't finished reading the whole thing yet, it's long as hell.

Making my own riddle. Progress: 17/60 (no pictures yet)

maniac 
Rising sun...

Posted: 2010-09-04, 08:55   

Strati wrote:
I guess I'll double on Beezqp response. I remember I was scared by a movie with spiders when I was around 7, but can't remember any other one.

Btw, when did Da Vinci code become a scary movie?

It's "threatening" the status of majority of Christianity... so it's "scary" :P

Riddle making in progress: 39? levels made.

Shared misery, what is it?
You think you'll feel better if everyone's the same?
Never - Marx you're just wrong.

Strati 
Tension...

Posted: 2010-09-05, 03:53   

What!?

Stray 
Fear of the dark...

Level: 49
Posted: 2010-09-05, 22:58   

Muzozavr wrote:
So far I've only seen two, Ringu (not very scary but totally awesome) and A Tale Of Two Sisters (OMFG that was scary as hell... and brilliant)

If anime counts, I've seen Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni... season 2 not very scary because it's more based on plot than on horror. But season 1? Not gonna lie, that scared the crap out of me.

I'm reading the original VNs for Higurashi (since they were translated into English) and must say the anime adaptation actually kinda sucks... though I haven't finished reading the whole thing yet, it's long as hell.

I was tempted to get A Tale of Two Sisters but I always find buying foreign language films a double edge sword, either they're quite good or they're hideously awful, but I'll check it out :p

p.s why the red tag?

Muzozavr 
Blood pressure...

Level: 76
Posted: 2010-09-05, 23:19   

Stray wrote:
I was tempted to get A Tale of Two Sisters but I always find buying foreign language films a double edge sword, either they're quite good or they're hideously awful, but I'll check it out :p

Do check it out. It's brilliant. It's scary, suspenseful and then the final plot twist... is twisty, for the lack of a better word.

Stray wrote:
p.s why the red tag?

According to Ryukishi07 (author of the original Higurashi visual novels), the red hieroglyph in the original Japanese title and the red "Na" in the romanization is an official part of the title, complete with red color. Why is that, I don't know. Maybe there is a reason for it, or maybe Ryukishi07 is just messing with us. :roll:

Making my own riddle. Progress: 17/60 (no pictures yet)

Reply to topic