Ninth Hell

Technical Problems - Missing personal messages

ode8 - 2007-10-12, 02:46
: Post subject: Missing personal messages
Lately I received a message (that what my mail tells me), but I can't find it anywhere in my pm. I sent a message to that person, explaining this problem and asking if he could resend his pm again (i also thought, that maybe he sent me a message, but found the answer, and thus deleted it before i had chance to read - it would explain why the message was gone). But i can't find my sent message in sentbox folder either, so i would like to enquire if only i have this problem, or is it something worth checking?

edit: it seems my message has been delivered, but still... strange.

:/
paFci0 - 2007-10-12, 15:54
:
Quote:
(i also thought, that maybe he sent me a message, but found the answer, and thus deleted it before i had chance to read - it would explain why the message was gone)

It's the best way of explaining what happened. How could it got lost in another way?
ode8 - 2007-10-12, 19:50
:
yes, but he would have told me - and he was as suprised as i was. And a message I've sent wasn't saved in my sent folder - that's a minor detail, but may be caused by the same thing.
Beezqp - 2007-10-13, 00:04
:
I have no idea. Check all the settings in your profiles... Maybe something's wrong there? The only reason for such situation is that the messege was deleted from "to send" box before it was read by the receiver. Or maybe just php scripts or mysql had a bad day. I can't tell you exactly - if that will occure again - tell me. I will try to find something about it [if only my new home becomes online, grrrrr].
ode8 - 2007-10-15, 00:56
:
:)

i think that it was just a bad day. As till today everything's working fine.
Falcarius - 2008-09-03, 10:15
:
This is probably the best place to mention it.

Just recently, the forum has been emailing me whenever I get a PM. It didn't do that for the first 6 or 7 PM's, but the latest ones it has. The most recent email I got was saying that I had a PM from SnowMen.

Well, I don't. It's not in my inbox. So, SnowMen, could you try and resend it (if you sent it), and if that doesn't work I'll give you my email address.
Beezqp - 2008-09-03, 12:26
:
Maybe SnowMen had deleted the message before you read it?
Falcarius - 2009-06-29, 00:37
:
It just happened again, this time from Kmon on Saturday :P
Beezqp - 2009-06-29, 00:40
:
maybe he sent it you, you got the automatic notifier but then he changes his mind and deleted it from his sendbox.
Kmon - 2009-06-29, 19:08
:
Beezqp wrote:
maybe he sent it you, you got the automatic notifier but then he changes his mind and deleted it from his sendbox.

Yes, that's what happened :) I had a question in the PM about level 52, but then solved the level, so then deleted the PM :)